Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday worship

I had the most amazing worship experience today. I was invited to preach at our sister church, Nueva Jerusalem, in Villa Canales, Guatemala.

With the help of an excellent translator, I delivered a 40 minute sermon. It was not quite the 45 minutes they say the normally expect, but it was certainly more than I normally give at Chapel by the Sea.

The music was wonderful. The prayers were obviously sincere, even though I did not understand all of them.

Diane and Melody did great when it came time for them to present gifts we brought to the church, the pastor, elders and congregation.

There is so much more to share, but I'm writing this with my handhheld, palm size computer device while connected via wireless Internet -- and typing is a challenge.

Be sure to join us Wednesday, December 17th at either 10am or 6pm for our presentation on our trip.

We promise lots of great stories, videos and photos.

No comments: